Friday 19 September 2014

Pirate Day (ITLAP) 2014

Today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. We like to celebrate this date each year in this house, as me and Chickpea are very fond of pirates. Yarrr!

This week I have spent some time experimenting with the way I paint and also using mixed media. It's been fun and strangely I found myself drawing a pirate ship. Here's the finished piece:


This is taken with my phone's camera. I will scan the picture and get it on my website as I'm really pleased with it. It's a little bit messy but I like that.

Here are some progress pictures:

A messy start

Experimenting with layering ink with sponges

Loose brush painting on the waves

Adding stars and highlights with pencils and extra sails

Adding depth and shadows

And the finished piece again:

Happy Pirate day and thanks for looking at my blog.

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment